Dandruff is a common condition that results from the excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp.
1. Excessive oil production (sebum) on the scalp.
2. Malassezia, a yeast-like fungus, overgrows on the scalp.
3.Skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema or seborrheic dermatitis.
4. Poor hygiene or infrequent washing of hair.
5. Sensitivity to hair care products, including shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays or gels.
6. Cold and dry weather.
7. Certain medical conditions like Parkinson's disease, HIV/AIDS, or compromised immune system.
8. Stress or emotional disorders like depression or anxiety